Membership Fee Schedule
Annual Fees by Membership Type
- Practicing - January 1 to December 31 - $300 plus GST
- Non-Practicing - January 1 to December 31 - $175 plus GST
- Academic, incl Students - January 1 to December 31 - $25 plus GST
- Associate/ Corporate - January 1 to December 31 - $175 plus GST
Please note: The membership fees listed above do not include insurance fees, CKA dues, or any application processing, late renewal or reinstatement fees that may be applicable. All membership fees paid to the Association are non-refundable. Memberships expire on December 31 of each year and mid-term refunds are not available.
Joining BCAK as a Practicing Member during the Year?
New Practicing Member dues may be pro-rated based on the month in which you join.
- Join between January and March = $300 plus GST
- Join between April and June = $250 plus GST
- Join between July and September = $200 plus GST
- Join between October and November = $150 plus GST
*Applicants joining in December will receive a 13-month membership, valid until December 31 of the following year and will be subject to the full annual dues.
Please note: The pro-rated membership fees listed above do not include insurance fees, CKA dues or any application processing fees and do not apply to late renewals or reinstatement of membership as may be applicable.
Annual membership renewal occurs during the month of December and is completed on-line through your member account.
- must meet the annual Continuing Education Standards Program (CESP) requirements (see the CESP credits table) to proceed with membership renewal and are encouraged to record their CESP credits as they are earned throughout the year in their BCAK account.
Practicing members who do not renew their membership by the December 31st deadline are subject to either a late renewal fee or a reinstatement fee depending on when the process is completed. The purpose of the additional fees is to encourage members to maintain continuity of membership and Professional Liability (E&O) insurance coverage, as a lapse in insurance coverage could expose (you) the member to an uninsured loss/claim, which has detrimental effects on both yourself and your clients.
- Late Renewal Fee: $50 plus GST. Applies to all late renewals between January 1st and 31st.
- Reinstatement Fee: $100 plus GST. Applies to all members who allow their membership fees to go unpaid for more than 1 month (past January 31st). From this point on you are no longer a member and must apply for reinstatement. Reinstatement is available for up to 10 years since you were last an active member. Reinstatement saves those past members who want to restart membership from having to complete the full application process again and meet the current standards, should the standards have increased.
Application Processing Fee
If you are a new applicant for Practicing Membership (or the allowable reinstatement period has expired) you will be required to pay an Application Processing Fee and submit all the required documentation.
New Applicant Processing Fee
- If you graduated from a Pathway 1 approved program = $50.00 + GST
- If you did not graduate from an approved program = $100.00 + GST
- Student members who apply for and are accepted for Practicing membership upon graduation will have the academic-student membership fee credited towards their Practicing Membership fee.
- Reinstatement fees are applicable for those returning within 10 years after having cancelled or allowing their membership to lapse (non-renewal). All others must apply as new applicants.