The benefits of membership in the BC Association of Kinesiology include the work the association does on behalf of Kinesiologists in the areas of
- Communications with the public, various levels of government, third party insurers and other stakeholders to raise awareness and understanding of the profession
- Education, resources and professional development – encouraging and assisting members in enhancing knowledge, skills and promoting a culture of lifelong learning.
- Acceptance of professional (Practicing) members to provide medically related treatment services by various Crown Corporation and private health insurers.
- Tangible benefits including group insurance plans, merchant discounts, and more.
Review our Member Benefits table below to see all that you receive with your membership.
- Group Plan Professional Liability (E&O)
- Group Plan Commercial General Liability (CGL)
- Group Plan Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Physiotech Health & Fitness Software
- BCAK Professional Development Courses & Webinars
- Human Kinetics Book of the Month Club Discount
- Access to Kinesiologist Specific Job Postings
- Anatomy TV-Primal Pictures 3-D Online Learning
- Electronic Health (E-Health) Resource Library
- Event, conference & workshop networking
- Social media networking
- Kinnected Newsletters
- Discounted rates for job postings, events, products & services to BCAK Members.
- Special discounts from industry merchants
Corporate Member Benefits
- Discounted BCAK Continuing Education Courses, Events & Workshops
- Access to the Job Postings Page
- Annually, one free job posting or e-blast (discounted member rates for subsequent ads)
- Networking at events, conferences & workshops with association members & industry leaders
- Access to resources such as E-Health library, Anatomy TV-Primal, Human Kinetics Book of the Month, and more
- Newsletters & e-blasts, delivering current information related to Kinesiology in British Columbia