The annual membership period is January 1st through December 31st of each calendar year.
Annual Membership Fees
Practicing Member ------------------ *$300 plus GST
Non-Practicing Member ------------ $175 plus GST
Academic (incl. Student) ------------ $25 plus GST
Corporate ------------------------------- $175 plus GST
* The membership fee listed above is for the BCAK only and does not include any insurance fees, CKA dues (national kinesiology association), application processing, late renewal or reinstatement fees. All membership fees paid to the Association are non-refundable and mid-term refunds are not available.
Are you joining BCAK as a new Practicing Member part way through the Year?
Membership dues for new Practicing Members are adjusted (reduced) based on the month in which you complete your membership purchase.
Short-rate Fee Table
- Q-1, January to March -------------- $300 plus GST (full fee applies)
- Q-2, April to June --------------------- $250 plus GST ($50 reduction)
- Q-3, July to September-------------- $200 plus GST ($100 reduction)
- Q-4, **October to November 15th ----- $150 plus GST ($150 reduction)
** Applicants who complete their membership purchase (or reinstatement) during the second half of November will receive a 13 and 1/2 -month membership, valid until December 31 of the year following and will be subject to the full annual dues.
Current BCAK Academic (Student) members who apply for and are accepted for Practicing membership will have the academic-student membership fee credited towards their Practicing Membership application fee for the current calendar year.
Additional Application Fees and Terms
Practicing/Non-Practicing Membership Application Processing Fee
Practicing/Non-Practicing Membership applicants are subject to a processing fee of $75.00 + GST, paid in advance.
Applications remain active for one year from the date of application fee payment. If Practicing membership is approved, membership must be activated within 90 days of the application approval date unless a written extension request is received and approved by the BCAK prior to the activation deadline.
Failure to comply with the following terms:
- complete the application process within 365 days (one year),
- contact the office in writing within 365 days (one year) of application approval to request an application extension or request approval of alternate arrangements,
- activate membership within 90 days of application approval.
Practicing Membership Late Renewal and Reinstatement Fees
Practicing members wanting to renew/restart membership after December 31st of the previous year are subject to either:
- A late renewal fee of $50 + GST, for all renewals completed between January 1st and 31st of the following year, or
- A reinstatement fee of $100 + GST if membership is not renewed during the late renewal period (greater than 31 days following the date which you were last a Practicing member in good standing).
The purpose for the "late and reinstatement fees" is to encourage members who continue to practice or intend to continue to practice to maintain continuity of membership and Professional Liability insurance coverage. A lapse in membership status and/or insurance coverage exposes a kinesiologist to potential uninsured losses/claims made after their membership and/or insurance coverage has expired.
Practicing Membership Reinstatement is available for a maximum of 10 years since you were last a member in good standing. Reinstatement allows previous Practicing members to rejoin the BCAK without having to complete the new applicant requirements. You will also be grandfathered from meeting the current academic requirements (those in existence at the time of reinstatement) and submission of official transcripts, provided we have your transcripts on file, otherwise these will be required. You must have a valid Criminal Record Check completed through the BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General