Please note that there are no increases to the annual or prorated membership dues for new and returning Practicing, Non-practicing and corporate members, but Academic Dues as well as late and reinstatement fees have been increased. These fees are in addition to the standard membership dues.
2022 Membership Dues and Fees
The annual membership period is January 1st through December 31st of each calendar year.
Annual Membership Fees
Practicing Member ------------------ *$300 plus GST
Non-Practicing Member ------------ $175 plus GST
Academic (incl. Student) ------------ $30 plus GST
Corporate ------------------------------- $175 plus GST
* All membership fees paid to the BCAK are non-refundable and mid-term refunds are not available.
* The membership fee listed above is for the BCAK only and does not include;
- application processing, late renewal or reinstatement fees (as applicable),
- professional insurance coverage premiums,
- Canadian Kinesiology Alliance "CKA" (national kinesiology association) dues, collected during the insurance purchase process through the group insurance provider. CKA fees for 2022 are $41.34 plus a $3.00 administration fee, a $3.00 handling fee ($46.34) plus GST.
If you are approved for BCAK membership with other insurance (non CKA/BCAK member group program) you have the option of purchasing CKA membership directly through the CKA, and will need to contact the CKA directly and provide the CKA with a copy of your current membership purchase receipt. Email : email@example.com
Are you joining BCAK as a new Practicing Member part way through the Year?
Membership dues for new Practicing Members are adjusted (reduced) based on the month in which you complete your membership purchase.
Prorated Fee Table
- Q-1, January to March -------------- $300 plus GST (full fee applies)
- Q-2, April to June --------------------- $250 plus GST ($50 reduction)
- Q-3, July to September-------------- $200 plus GST ($100 reduction)
- Q-4, **October to November 15th ----- $150 plus GST ($150 reduction)
** Applicants who complete their membership purchase (or reinstatement) during the second half of November will receive a 13 and 1/2 -month membership, valid until December 31 of the year following and will be subject to the full annual dues for the following year.
Current BCAK Academic (Student) members who apply for and are accepted for Practicing membership will have the academic-student membership fee credited towards their Practicing Membership application fee for the current calendar year.
Practicing/Non-Practicing Membership Application Processing Fee
A fee of $75.00 + GST, applies and must be paid in advance prior to the review process.
Terms & Conditions
- Applications remain active (open) for one year from the date of initiation or fee payment (provided fee payment is received within 1 year of initiation), unless the BCAK has received a written request for extension within the 1 year period and the request has been approved.
- Applications not completed within one year, where the applicant has not requested an extension in writing within 1 year will have their application status amended to "expired" and will need to pay another application fee to reinitiate the process, should they return at some time in the future. The BCAK reserves the right to approve or decline an extension request.
- Approved applicants must activate (pay the applicable membership dues) within 90 days of approval. Requests for extension of this period will be considered on a case by case basis.
Practicing Membership Late Renewal and Reinstatement Fees
Practicing members wanting to renew/restart membership after December 31st of the previous year are subject to either:
- A late renewal fee of $100 + GST (effective January 1st, 2022), for all renewals completed between January 1st and 31st of the following year, or
- A reinstatement fee of $200 + GST (effective February 1st, 2022) if membership is not renewed during the late renewal period (greater than 31 days following the date which you were last a Practicing member in good standing).
Practicing/Non-Practicing Members who have resigned, lapsed or not renewed their membership may request reinstatement up to 3 years (36 months) from when they were last a member in good standing.