Annual Membership Fees
Practicing Member - $300 plus GST*
Non-Practicing Member - $175 plus GST
Academic (incl. Student) - $25 plus GST
Corporate - $175 plus GST
* Please note: The membership fee listed above does not include insurance fees, CKA dues (national association), application processing, late renewal or reinstatement fees. All membership fees paid to the Association are non-refundable. Memberships expire on December 31st of each year, mid-term refunds are not available.
Joining BCAK as a Practicing Member during the Year?
Fees will be short-rate adjusted based on the month in which you join.
Short-rate fee table
January to March (Q-1) = $300 plus GST (full fee applies)
April to June (Q-2) = $250 plus GST (save $50)
July to September (Q-3) = $200 plus GST (save $100)
**October to November (Q-4) = $150 plus GST (save $150)
** Applicants who complete their membership purchase or reinstatement during the month of December will receive a 13-month membership, valid until December 31 of the year following and will be subject to the full annual dues.
Current BCAK Academic (Student) members who apply for and are accepted for Practicing membership will have the academic-student membership fee credited towards their Practicing Membership fee.
Other Fees Applicable to Practicing Members
Application Processing Fee
If you are a new applicant for Practicing Membership (or the allowable reinstatement period has expired) you will be required to pay an Application Processing Fee and submit all the required documentation.
- Pathway 1 approved program = $50.00 + GST
- Pathway 2 (unapproved program) = $100.00 + GST
The application fee will become $75.00 CAD + GST for both Pathway 1 and Pathway 2 applicants on October 1st, 2019.
As a result, possessing an active academic membership prior to applying for practicing membership now carries savings of $50 CAD + GST as the application fee will be waived.
Late Renewal and Reinstatement Fees
Practicing members who do not renew their membership by the December 31st deadline are subject to either a late renewal fee or a reinstatement fee depending on when the process is completed. The purpose of the additional fees is to encourage members to maintain continuity of membership and Professional Liability (E&O) insurance coverage, as a lapse in insurance coverage could expose (you) the member to an uninsured loss/claim, which has detrimental effects on both yourself and your clients.
- Late Renewal Fee: $50 plus GST. Applies to all renewals completed between January 1st and 31st.
- Reinstatement Fee: $100 plus GST. Applies to all members who do not renew by the December 31st deadline, where their membership fees go unpaid for more than 1 month (January 31st of the year following your last paid membership year). From this point on you are no longer a member and must apply for reinstatement. Reinstatement is available for up to 10 years after you were last an active Practicing member. Reinstatement saves past members who want to rejoin the BCAK from having to complete the full application process again and meet the current application requirements. This can be relevant if membership standards, have increased for those looking to rejoin the BCAK.