The annual membership period is January 1st through December 31st (the calendar year).
Practicing Member ------------------ **$300 plus GST
Non-Practicing Member ------------ $175 plus GST
Academic (incl. Student) ------------ $30 plus GST
All membership fees paid to the BCAK are non-refundable and mid-term refunds are not available.
* *The membership fee listed above is the BCAK fee only and does not include;
- application, late renewal or reinstatement fees (as applicable),
- professional insurance coverage premiums,
- Canadian Kinesiology Alliance "CKA" affiliation fee* - collected during the insurance purchase process through the group insurance provider. 2023 fee is $47.25 with prorating after July 1st. (Beginning in 2024 the fee will apply to Practicing and Non-practicing members and be collected by the BCAK)
Practicing and Non-practicing members who are not subject to the CKA fee at the time of group insurance purchase may contact the CKA directly if they wish to take part be affiliated for 2023. You will need to provide the CKA with a copy of your current BCAK membership purchase receipt. Email: email@example.com
Are you joining BCAK as a new Practicing Member part way through the Year?
Membership dues for new Practicing Members are reduced if you join after July 1st of the first year of membership. The half year rate is $170* plus GST (*Note: New memberships taken out between November 15th and December 31st of the current year, only pay the full annual fee for the following year, with no additional fee for the time remaining in the current year. Please contact the BCAK office if you require further explanation.
Current BCAK Academic (Student) members who apply for and are accepted for Practicing membership will have the academic-student membership fee credited towards their Practicing Membership application fee for the current calendar year.
Practicing/Non-Practicing Membership Application Processing Fee
- A fee of $75.00 + GST for applicants graduating from a Canadian Post-Secondary Institution within the last 5 years, or
- A fee of $150.00 + GST for all other applicants applies and must be paid in advance of the application review process.
- Note: Approved applicants have 30 days to activate their memberships, after which time you will be subject to a re-application fee and re-review, and may be subject to additional requirements, upon request for your membership activation.
Application/Applicant Terms & Conditions
- Applications remain active (open) for one year from the date of fee payment. A written extension request may be submitted for consideration.
- Applications which reach the one (1) year expiry date, lapse and a new application fee is required to reactivate your application or a new application must be initiated of the membership requirements have changed since your previous application was initiated.
- If the BCAK has approved a request for extension of the application period, it expires on the date provided in the extension request reply. The BCAK reserves the right to approve or decline an extension request at its discretion.
- Approved applicants must activate (pay the applicable membership dues) within 30 days of approval. Requests for extension of this period will be considered on a case-by-case basis. After 30 days and before 1 year expires, the membership may be approved for activation upon payment of a re-activation fee.
Practicing Membership Late Renewal and Reinstatement Fees
Practicing members are subject to an additional late renewal or reinstatement fee based on the following:
- Late renewal fee - $100 + GST (in additional to the annual renewal fee). Applicable from Jan 1 to Jan 31, after which the renewal will become a reinstatement (fee below).
- Reinstatement fee - $200 + GST (in additional to the annual renewal fee) when membership is not renewed during the regular or late renewal period (greater than 31 days following the date which you were last a Practicing member in good standing) OR you are a lapsed member from previous year(s) who wishes to reinstate (see below for additional details)
Practicing/Non-Practicing Members who have resigned, lapsed or otherwise not renewed their membership may qualify for and request reinstatement if they rejoin within 3 years (36 months) from when they were last a member in good standing. Follow this link to view the .