The annual membership period is January 1st through December 31st of each calendar year.
Annual Membership Fees
Practicing Member ------------------ *$300 plus GST
Non-Practicing Member ------------ $175 plus GST
Academic (incl. Student) ------------ $25 plus GST
Corporate ------------------------------- $175 plus GST
* The membership fee listed above is for the BCAK only and does not include any insurance fees, CKA dues (national kinesiology association), application processing, late renewal or reinstatement fees. All membership fees paid to the Association are non-refundable and mid-term refunds are not available.
Are you joining BCAK as a new Practicing Member part way through the Year?
Membership dues for new Practicing Members are adjusted (reduced) based on the month in which you complete your membership purchase.
Short-rate Fee Table
- Q-1, January to March -------------- $300 plus GST (full fee applies)
- Q-2, April to June --------------------- $250 plus GST ($50 reduction)
- Q-3, July to September-------------- $200 plus GST ($100 reduction)
- Q-4, **October to November 15th ----- $150 plus GST ($150 reduction)
** Applicants who complete their membership purchase (or reinstatement) during the second half of November will receive a 13 and 1/2 -month membership, valid until December 31 of the year following and will be subject to the full annual dues.
Current BCAK Academic (Student) members who apply for and are accepted for Practicing membership will have the academic-student membership fee credited towards their Practicing Membership fee for the current calendar year.
Additional Fees Applicable to Practicing Membership
Application Processing Fee
New applicants for Practicing Membership are required to pay an Application Processing Fee and submit the required documentation.
- All Applicants ---------- $75.00 + GST
Late Renewal and Reinstatement Fees
Practicing members looking to renew/restart membership after December 31st of the last year they held membership are subject to:
- A late renewal fee of $50 + GST, for all renewals completed between January 1st and 31st of the following year, or
- A reinstatement fee of $100 + GST if membership is not renewed during the late renewal period (greater than 31 days following the date which you were last a Practicing member in good standing).
Reinstatement is available up to 10 years after you were last a Practicing member in good standing. Reinstatement allows past Practicing members to rejoin the BCAK without have to complete the full application submission process. This includes removing the requirement to meet the current academic requirements (if they have been enhanced), and submitting official transcripts.
The purpose of the "late and reinstatement fees" is to encourage members who continue to practice or intend to continue to practice to maintain continuity of membership and Professional Liability insurance coverage. A lapse in membership status and/or insurance coverage potentially exposes a kinesiologist losses from unreported insurance loss/claims made after their insurance coverage has expired.