To be recognized as the united voice for the profession of kinesiology in British Columbia, Canada and for British Columbians to understand the value the applied science of kinesiology helps their better their lives.
The BCAK’s mission is to promote and advance awareness and understanding of the profession of Kinesiology, along with the interests of it's members and all Kinesiologists in the Province of British Columbia, by
- Establishing the BCAK as the representative body for association members and the profession of Kinesiology to the public, governments, other health care professionals, the health care industry and other stakeholders.
- Adopting and promoting a societal-based code of ethics and professional practice standards for members and other Kinesiologists.
- Interacting and cooperating with governments, corporations, other related associations and persons, with the common goal of improving the health and well-being of British Columbians.
- The provision of programs, services and benefits for and to its members.
- Conduct our business with integrity and follow our code of ethics;
- Strive for excellence and transparency in all that we do;
- Embrace continuous improvement in our industry through education;
- Allow our professional members to collectively define quality;
- Display reliability and consistency by delivering what we promise, when promised;
- Commit to a learning culture.