To be recognized as the united voice for the profession of kinesiology in British Columbia, Canada. British Columbians will understand the value of kinesiology and how this applied science helps their lives.
The BCAK’s mission is to promote and advance awareness and understanding of the profession of Kinesiology, along with the interests of all members and Kinesiologists in the Province of British Columbia, by
- Establishing the BCAK as the representative body for association members and the profession of Kinesiology to the public, governments, other health care professionals, the health care industry and other stakeholders.
- Adopting and promoting a societal-based code of ethics and professional practice standards for members and other Kinesiologists.
- Interacting and cooperating with governments and with other associations, corporations and persons with the common goal of improving health and well-being of British Columbians.
- The provision of programs, services and benefits for members.
- Conduct our business with integrity and follow our code of ethics;
- Strive for excellence in all we do;
- Embrace continuous improvement in our industry through education;
- Allow our members to define quality;
- Display reliability and consistency by delivering what we promise, when promised;
- Commit to a learning culture.