To be recognized as the united voice for the profession of kinesiology in British Columbia, Canada and to educate the people of BC on how and when a Kinesiologist may help improve overall health through disease prevention and treatment strategies.
The BCAK promotes and awareness and understanding of the profession of Kinesiology, along with the interests of it's members and other kinesiologists working in the Province of BC, by
- Establishing the BCAK as the representative body for association members and the profession of Kinesiology to the public, governments, other health care professionals, the health care industry and other stakeholders.
- Adopting and promoting a societal-based code of ethics, professional practice and other standards to enhance public trust in the profession services provided by its members.
- Interacting and cooperating with governments, corporations, other related associations and persons, with the common goal of improving the health and well-being of British Columbians.
- Delivering resources, education and benefits for members that enhance the quality of care for the people of BC.
- Conduct our business with integrity and follow our code of ethics;
- Strive for excellence and transparency in all that we do;
- Embrace advancement in our profession through education, scientific research and evidence-based practice;
- Allow our professional members to collectively inform and help define quality standards for service delivery;
- Display reliability and consistency by delivering what we promise, when promised;
- Commit to a culture of diversity and inclusion for all the people of BC regardless of race, gender or identity.