The Academic Core Course requirements include Exercise Physiology, Exercise Prescription and Research Methods, effective January 1st 2021.
All applicants who
- graduated between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020
- and 2021 graduates who complete all graduation requirements or graduate prior to August 31st 2021,
- and apply for membership prior to September 1, 2021,
will be assessed on the academic course requirements in effect prior to January 1, 2021 (grandfather policy).
The new requirements apply to:
- Everyone who applies to the BCAK after September 1st, 2021.
- Everyone who graduated before January 1st, 2020.
- 2021 graduates who will not complete all graduation requirements prior to August 31st, 2021.
Prior to initiating the application process, ensure you understand the membership requirements. If you have questions regarding any of the requirements, please contact the BCAK office.
Work as a professional kinesiologist typically requires a Practicing Membership. Other membership categories do not typically meet employer or insurer (ICBC, WorkSafe BC or Private) requirements for employment or service provision.