Practicing membership applicants completing all their education in Canada and who are applying within 2 years of graduation, are required to provide the following support documents.
1 - Proof of Kinesiology (or Equivalent) Degree Completion
Submit one of the following during the online application process for each kinesiology related degree you have completed or directly to the BCAK office by email if your application has already been submitted.
- A legible, high quality image of your Degree certificate(s) submitted in the correct orientation showing all signatures and seals.
- A proof of graduation or pending graduation letter which includes:
- Your full legal name
- Your student number
- Degree program completed, or being completed, and any sub-category you were/are enrolled in
- Confirmation you have applied to graduate if you have not already done so
- Date of degree conferral.
- A list of courses in progress that impact eligibility to graduate, if you have not yet graduated.
NOTE: Any courses in progress must show as completed on any official transcripts the BCAK office receives, otherwise you will need to order new transcripts once the final grades for the courses in progress are available.
2 - Proof of Program Completion - Official transcripts for all relevant degree programs and courses
Request your official transcript(s) from the post-secondary institution(s) and have them by the institution directly to the BCAK by email or postal mail. Refer to the Contact Us page for email and mailing addresses.
NOTE 1: Applicants may submit original sealed copies of official transcripts by postal mail provided they have not been opened and the University seal has not been tampered with. Unsealed transcripts received will not be accepted.
NOTE 2: Applicants who have completed multiple degrees or attended multiple post-secondary institutions are required to submit official transcripts from each institution where kinesiology related coursework was completed.
3-Proof of Course Content
Provide course outlines/descriptions/syllabi for all available courses. This can be completed by
- Uploading official Post-Secondary Course Outlines to your application account, or
- Suppling PDF course descriptions (or a list of links to those descriptions) obtained through your educational institution's website, or
- Unofficial course descriptions prepared by the applicant*
NOTE 1: Official outlines and institutional descriptions are given more weight than applicant-written descriptions.
NOTE 2: Submit course outlines for the 7 core and other kinesiology related elective courses. (do not submit course outlines for topics not relevant to the academic course requirements).
NOTE 3: Course descriptions are required for all directed studies/seminar/special topics courses or a semester abroad was completed. These should be uploaded during the application process.
4-Proof of Good Moral Character
1- Request a Criminal Record Check (CRC) clearance letter from the BC Criminal Record Review Program (CRRP)
See How to Complete a Criminal Record Check
NOTE 1: BCAK does not accept CRC from other jurisdictions or local police departments.
2 - A Declaration on Past Criminal Conviction and Regulatory Discipline - Complete, sign, scan and upload the document when submitting your application documents, or return the signed form by email
See Declaration on Past Criminal Convictions and Regulatory Discipline
5 - Continuing Education Requirement since Graduation
Applicants graduating >2 but <5 years since graduation require 20 credits per year not including the year of, and the year following graduation.
- The requirements are based on the number of years since graduation and explained below.
- Continuing Education support documents are required for applicants who graduated more than 2 years prior to their application date.
- If a Master's or Ph.D. degree in Kinesiology have been completed within the past 5 years, in addition to an undergraduate kinesiology degree, the educational coursework can be applied to meet the continuing education requirements provided the courses are not used to meet the primary academic requirements.
- Proof of continuing education must be in the form of course receipts or certificates of achievement issued by the course/education provider(s) and include the date the coursework was completed, the number of contact hours and the course details.
- Continuing education coursework must be specific to the field of kinesiology and proof should be submitted during the online application process.
- Applicants submitting proof of continuing education are encouraged to submit supporting documents at the time of application. If not supplied at time of application, you will be informed of the requirement upon completion of the review and subsequently whether the materials satisfy the requirement.
Example of how to calculate your requirement
Degree completion in spring of 2019, application in spring of 2022:
2019 - 0 credits required
2020 - 0 credits required
2021 - 20 credits required
TOTAL CE credits required = 20 credits required, since 2019 (1 credit = 1 full hour of education time unless otherwise approved by the BCAK)