We are focused on raising awareness and understanding of the profession
As the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK), we represent more than 1300 members and promote kinesiology in British Columbia (BC) as a valuable health care service.
As human movement specialists, Kinesiologists, provide services to the public through the application of applied health sciences that include anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, psychomotor behaviour and nutrition.
Kinesiologists work closely with clients to prevent and treat illness or injury; improve physical performance; manage the delivery of individual health care plans; provide workplace design services; and support rehabilitation and wellness management.
Improving the health of all British Columbians and developing effective health care, promotion, prevention and self-management through leadership and collaboration are common goals for healthcare professionals, including British Columbia's kinesiologists.
Kinesiologists Support Health Improvement and Illness prevention through lifestyle enhancement including appropriate physical activity and exercise.
BCAK supports kinesiologists, and the health and wellness of British Columbians,
- with high membership standards (academic, moral, ethical, practice standards, and a defined scope of practice) and rigorous entrance requirements,
- by building a strong brand and identity for BCAK and Kinesiologists in the province,
- through marketing, promotion and advocacy of the industry to the public and all stakeholders,
- by connecting kinesiologists through networking events and social media,
- by providing access to comprehensive insurance coverage for the professional kinesiologist,
- with opportunities for professional development,
- by setting industry standards for continuing education of members,
- with access to career and event postings,
- by providing access to industry resources and other valuable benefits.