We promote and raise awareness and understanding of the profession
- The British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK) represents its 1700+ members to the people of British Columbia (BC) as knowledgeable and valued healthcare service providers.
- Kinesiologists are "Human Movement Specialists", utilizing evidence-based scientific approaches to improving function in primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
- Kinesiologists work closely with clients to - prevent and treat injury or disease; improve physical performance; guide and manage healthcare treatment; conduct job demands analysis; provide workplace ergonomic and job design solutions; enhance mental health through lifestyle change and implementation of appropriate physical activity and exercise.
- Kinesiologists work collaboratively with allied health professionals to delivery interdisciplinary rehabilitation and wellness programs.
- Improving the health of all British Columbians through health promotion, disease and injury prevention, guidance for enhanced client self-management and interdisciplinary collaboration are key roles of Kinesiologists in BC.
BCAK supports kinesiologists and the health and wellness of British Columbians through;
- High quality membership standards (scope of practice, ethics & professional practice) along with rigorous entrance requirements,
- Development of a strong brand and identity for BCAK and member Kinesiologists in the province,
- Marketing, promotion and advocacy of the industry to the public and all industry stakeholders,
- Connecting member kinesiologists through event networking and social media,
- Providing access to comprehensive insurance coverage for the professional kinesiologist,
- Delivery of quality opportunities for professional development,
- Recognized standards for continuing education of members,
- Access to career and professional development postings,
- Providing access to industry resources and other quality benefits.