E-mails are responded to in the order in which they are received. Please refer to the guidelines below before emailing the office.
Notice: Email is not considered a secure form of transmission for personal or confidential information. If you are submitting sensitive or personal information by email, please consider encrypting your message or password protecting attached documents that may contain sensitive or personal information. Access password(s) for any secured documents should be sent in a separate email message from the original email from which the documents are attached, immediately after the documents are sent and reference the title of the email.
- Please be concise in your email and provide sufficient detail to provide a response
- Provide your name and any appropriate contact details
- If you are looking to file a complaint against a member of the BCAK, please review the information on our Public Complaints page
- Include "Member inquiry" followed by the subject of your message in the subject line of the email.
- If possible, email the office from the email account associated with your BCAK membership (i.e. your username) to assist with verification of your identity if the email content contains sensitive or personal information.
- Keep email requests concise. If you are looking for responses to multiple items/questions, please itemize them clearly in point form.
- If you are looking to contact a specific person, such as a BCAK director or office staff member, please address your email to that individual and the office will ensure your message is delivered.
- Read the information on the Applying for Membership page to see if the information is available there
- If you have already set up a BCAK user account, email the office from the email you used to set up your account.
- Be concise. For multiple items/questions, please list them clearly in point form.
- If asking about application requirements include the following information:
- Your graduation year,
- The University/college and program from which you graduated/will graduate,
- If your preferred name is other than your legal name as it appears on government issued ID, please include this in your signature at the end of the email to allow BCAK to provide you with more personalized service.
- If you are submitting support documents, please refer to the submission guidelines on the FAQ page (question 1)
BCAK Office Information
The BCAK office hours are 9 to 5 pm Weekdays excluding statutory holidays.
Office staff may not be available to speak to at all times during office hours, please leave a message and we will return your call within 24 hours (excluding weekends and statutory holidays).