Practicing membership applicants completing all their education in Canada and who are applying within 2 years of graduation, are required to provide the following support documents.
1-Proof of Kinesiology (or Equivalent) Degree Completion
Submit one of the following during the online application process for each kinesiology related degree you have completed or directly to the BCAK office by email if your application has already been submitted.
- A legible, high quality image of your Degree certificate(s) submitted in the correct orientation showing all signatures and seals.
- A proof of graduation or pending graduation letter which includes:
- Your full legal name
- Your student number
- Degree program completed, or being completed, and any sub-category you were/are enrolled in
- Confirmation you have applied to graduate if you have not already done so
- Date of degree conferral.
- A list of courses in progress that impact eligibility to graduate, if you have not yet graduated.
NOTE: Any courses in progress must show as completed on any official transcripts the BCAK office receives, otherwise you will need to order new transcripts once the final grades for the courses in progress are available.
2 - Proof of Program Completion
Official transcripts for all relevant degree programs and courses
Official Transcripts must be submitted from each institution where relevant course work was completed. This includes transfer and diploma programs.
Request your official transcript(s) from the post-secondary institution(s) and have them sent directly to the BCAK by the institution(s), using one of these methods:
- Physical Mail to BCAK, Room 323, #301 - 220 Brew Street, Port Moody, BC V3H 0H6
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcripts that are mailed by you directly to the BCAK must be in the original intact sealed envelope
NOTE 1: Applicants may submit original sealed copies of official transcripts by mail. Unsealed transcripts received from applicants or transcripts submitted in any other way will not be accepted.
NOTE 2: Applicants who have completed multiple degrees or attended multiple post-secondary institutions are required to submit official transcripts from each institution where kinesiology related coursework was completed.
3-Proof of Course Content
Upload course details during the application process or send by email if you have already submitted your application.
- Official Course Outlines, or
- PDF course descriptions obtained through your educational institutions website, or
- Course descriptions prepared by the applicant*
NOTE 1: Official outlines and institutional descriptions are given more weight than applicant written descriptions.
NOTE 2: Course outlines need only be submitted for the 7 core and 16 elective courses.
NOTE 3: Course descriptions are typically not required for new BC graduates. However, if a seminar/special topics course or a semester abroad was completed, then this should be submitted along with your application.
4-Proof of Good Moral Character
Submission of a criminal record check (CRC) clearance letter and declaration on past criminal convictions and regulatory discipline
- A Criminal Record Check clearance letter obtained through the BC Criminal Record Review Program (CRRP) - note the BCAK does not accept CRCs from other jurisdictions or local police departments.
- Complete, sign, scan and upload during the application process or return by email the
**If you graduated more than 2, but less than 5 years ago, you are required to provide this additional information:**
5-Continuing Education since Graduation
Continuing Education support documents are required for applicants who graduated more than 2 years prior to their application date. The requirements are dependent on the number of years since graduation and explained below. If a Master's degree or PhD in Kinesiology has been completed, in addition to the undergraduate kinesiology degree, the date of the most recent kinesiology specific degree applies for continuing education requirements. Applicants needing to provide proof of continuing education are encouraged to submit at the time of application. If not supplied at time of application, applicants will be informed of the requirements upon completion of the review and if they meet all other requirements. Please note that the continuing education must support professional development in the field of kinesiology.
Course receipts or certificates of achievement issued by the course/education providers which confirm the date the coursework was completed and the number of contact hours.
The requirements are:
- >2 but <5 years since graduation - 20 credits per year minus the year of, and the year after, graduation
- Example: Degree completion in spring of 2019, application in spring of 2022:
2019 - 0 credits required
2020 - 0 credits required
2021 - 20 credits required
TOTAL required = 20 credits (hours) required, since 2019