Regular - For applicants who have completed all of their kinesiology degree in Canada, applying within 2 years of graduation
Consider bookmarking this page for future reference if you think you will need to review the information at a later date
A four-year Bachelor's degree majoring in kinesiology OR an equivalent discipline which meets the following requirements (equivalency is determined during course review).
- Satisfactory completion of the seven (7) specified core courses listed below with a minimum C- (>60%) grade in each course
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Human Motor Control & Learning
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Prescription
- Research Methods
- The core courses must include the specified course content.
- A list of accepted core courses for recognized BC post-Secondary institutions can be found here.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of sixteen (16) additional elective courses (there are category minimums as well) as specified below, relating to the practice of kinesiology.
- Elective course grade requirements = a passing grade is required for all 16 elective courses and 14 of 16 elective courses must have minimum C- (60%) grade/score or greater (maximum of 2 D (<60%) grades will be accepted towards the 16 elective course total).
- Special Populations, Disease Processes and Health Conditions (minimum 1 course)
- Professional Practice, Assessment and Interventions (minimum 7 courses)
- Foundational Sciences (no minimum but at least one course in this category is desirable; maximum of 2)
- Physiologic Processes and General Health (minimum 5 courses)
NOTE: Do not contact the office to determine whether you meet the elective requirements prior to applying. The membership committee will assess each course on its merit during the course by course review phase of the assessment.
Practicing membership applicants completing all their education in Canada,and who are applying within 2 years of graduation, are required to provide the following support documents.
1-Proof of Kinesiology (or Equivalent) Degree Completion
Submit one of the following during the online application process for each kinesiology related degree you have completed or directly to the BCAK office by email if your application has already been submitted.
- A legible, high quality image of your Degree certificate(s) submitted in the correct orientation showing all signatures and seals.
- A proof of graduation or pending graduation letter which includes:
- Your full legal name
- Your student number
- Degree program completed, or being completed, and any sub-category you were/are enrolled in
- Confirmation you have applied to graduate if you have not already done so
- Date of degree conferral.
- A list of courses in progress that impact eligibility to graduate, if you have not yet graduated.
NOTE: Any courses in progress must show as completed on any official transcripts the BCAK office receives, otherwise you will need to order new transcripts once the final grades for the courses in progress are available.
2 - Proof of Program Completion
Official transcripts for all relevant degree programs and courses
Official Transcripts must be submitted from each institution where relevant course work was completed. This includes transfer and diploma programs.
Request your official transcript(s) from the post-secondary institution(s) and have them sent directly to the BCAK by the institution(s), using one of these methods:
- Physical Mail
- Transcripts that are mailed by you directly to the BCAK must be in the original intact sealed envelope
NOTE 1: Applicants may submit original sealed copies of official transcripts by mail. Unsealed transcripts received from applicants or transcripts submitted in any other way will not be accepted.
NOTE 2: Applicants who have completed multiple degrees or attended multiple post-secondary institutions are required to submit official transcripts from each institution where kinesiology related coursework was completed.
3-Proof of Course Content
Upload course details during the application process or send by email if you have already submitted your application.
- Official Course Outlines, or
- PDF course descriptions obtained through your educational institutions website, or
- Course descriptions prepared by the applicant*
NOTE 1: Official outlines and institutional descriptions are given more weight than applicant written descriptions.
NOTE 2: Course outlines need only be submitted for the 7 core and 16 elective courses.
NOTE 3: Course descriptions are typically not required for new BC graduates. However, if a seminar/special topics course or a semester abroad was completed, then this should be submitted along with your application.
4-Proof of Good Moral Character
Complete a criminal record check (CRC) and declaration on past criminal convictions and regulatory discipline
- A Criminal Record Check clearance letter obtained through the BC Criminal Record Review Program (CRRP) - note the BCAK does not accept CRCs from other jurisdictions or local police departments, please follow the guidelines in the requirements link here: Requirements can be found here - please read.
- Effective January 2022, all practicing and non-practicing applicants are required to sign, scan and upload the Practicing/Non Practicing Member Applicant Declaration on Past Criminal Convictions and Regulatory Discipline. Click here for the form.