Submit the following documentation - mature/experienced applicants.
1 - Proof of Kinesiology Degree Completion
Application process for each kinesiology-related degree you have completed:
Submit a legible quality image (JPG or PDF) of each kinesiology related degree certificate(s) in the proper orientation showing all signatures and seals. Note: If your application has already been submitted, submit additional kinesiology-related degree documents directly to the BCAK by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2 - Proof of Program Completion - Official transcripts for all relevant degree programs and courses
Request your official transcript(s) from the post-secondary institution(s) and have them by the institution directly to the BCAK by email or postal mail. Refer to the Contact Us page for email and mailing addresses.
NOTE 1: Applicants may submit original sealed copies of official transcripts by postal mail provided they have not been opened and the University seal has not been tampered with. Unsealed transcripts received will not be accepted.
NOTE 2: Applicants who have completed multiple degrees or attended multiple post-secondary institutions are required to submit official transcripts from each institution where kinesiology related coursework was completed.
3 - Proof of Course Content
Provide course outlines/descriptions/syllabi for all available courses. This can be completed by
- Uploading official Post-Secondary Course Outlines to your application account, or
- Suppling PDF course descriptions (or a list of links to those descriptions) obtained through your educational institution's website, or
- Unofficial course descriptions prepared by the applicant*
NOTE 1: Official outlines and institutional descriptions are given more weight than applicant-written descriptions.
NOTE 2: Submit course outlines for the 7 core and other kinesiology related elective courses. (do not submit course outlines for topics not relevant to the academic course requirements).
NOTE 3: Course descriptions are required for all directed studies/seminar/special topics courses or a semester abroad was completed. These should be uploaded during the application process.
4-Proof of Good Moral Character
1- Request a Criminal Record Check (CRC) clearance letter from the BC Criminal Record Review Program (CRRP)
NOTE 1: BCAK does not accept CRC clearance letters from other jurisdictions or local police departments.
2 - A Declaration on Past Criminal Conviction and Regulatory Discipline - Complete, sign, scan and upload the document when submitting your application documents, or return the signed form by email
Submit a Letter of Intent detailing the following
- Your reasons for seeking membership with BCAK and why it is important to you.
- The area(s) (see: Areas of Practice) in which you intend to practice, including details relating to your knowledge and skills outlined in the BCAK's Essential Competencies of Practice.
Submit Professional Reference Letters
- Up to two (2) professional reference letters from persons you have known you for more than 1 year, but are not related to you, who can attest to your professional abilities, knowledge and interpersonal skills related to kinesiology practice.
Submit Employment Reference Letter(s)
- A minimum of one reference letter from an employer attesting to your professionalism, clinical knowledge/competency and communication skills is required.
Submit Volunteer/Mentorship Reference Letter
- If part of your work experience/history includes volunteer (unpaid) hours of work, and/or work where you provided unpaid mentorship, please provide a letter of reference for that unpaid work.
6 - Continuing Education Requirement since Graduation
A minimum of 100 hours of continuing education within the field of kinesiology, completed within the past 5 years. Forty (40) of the one hundred (100) hours must be directly related to the intended area of practiced indicated in the letter of intent provided by you.
- If a Master's or Ph.D. degree in Kinesiology have been completed within the past 5 years, in addition to an undergraduate kinesiology degree, the educational coursework can be applied to meet the continuing education requirements provided the courses are not used to meet the primary academic requirements.
- Proof of continuing education must be in the form of course receipts or certificates of achievement issued by the course/education provider(s) and include the date the coursework was completed, the number of contact hours and the course details.
- Continuing education coursework must be specific to the field of kinesiology and proof should be submitted during the online application process.
- Applicants submitting proof of continuing education are encouraged to submit supporting documents at the time of application. If not supplied at time of application, you will be informed of the requirement upon completion of the review and subsequently whether the materials satisfy the requirement.