Policies and Procedures
- Practicing/Non-Practicing Membership Reinstatement will be considered provided the request is received within 3 years (36 months) of last being a Practicing/Non-practicing member in good standing with the association. The date of request is the date that reinstatement is requested and applications for reinstatement will be held for the remainder of the quarter. (Quarters begin on the 1st of January [Q1], April [Q2], July [Q3] and October [Q4]).
- Who does not qualify for reinstatement:
- Past members who were expelled from the association regardless of when they were last a member in good standing.
- Past members who owe monies to the association (including accrued interest), until such time as the outstanding amounts are paid in full.
- Past members who have not fulfilled the continuing education requirements for reinstatement.
- Members who are currently suspended.
- Past members who do not meet the requirements defined in item 1.
Continuing Education Requirements for reinstatement
A total of 5 credits for each quarter year membership has been not in good standing (cumulative - 20 credits per year)
Example: If membership expired in December 2019, and reinstatement was applied for in July 2021.
Q1-Q4, 2019: 20 credits owed
Q1-Q4, 2020: 20 credits owed
Q1, 2021: 5 credits owed
Q2, 2021: 5 credits owed.
Total Credits Owed = 50 credits.
- Fall within the categories indicated in the Continuing Education Categories Table applicable to Reinstatement.
- Be within the Scope of Practice of Kinesiology as defined by the BCAK.
- Be relevant to your area of intended practice upon becoming a member. (Note: A letter of intent or declaration of intended practice area is required as part of your application for reinstatement) and,
- Be verifiable by the BCAK. BCAK must be able to confirm or authenticate any documentation provide. BCAK reserves the right to request additional verification of support documentation or reject a submission, should it not be able to authenticate any documentation provided.
Previous members who do not qualify for reinstatement may contact the office to begin the reapplication process. Be advised that re-applicants must meet the current requirements for membership.